Bachelor of Physiotherapy(BPT)
Best BPT College in Uttarakhand, India
The programme concentrates on imparting practical expertise on the subjects including Exercise Therapy Electrotherapy Radiology & Imaging Technology Orthopedics & Traumatology and General Medicine. The aim of the programme is to train students at an advanced level about core physiotherapeutic skills such as therapeutic exercises and application of electro-physical modalities which can cure a range of diseases and disabilities related to back spine neck shoulder and legs.
The programme emphasizes on learning to improve movement dysfunction and promote functions of the human body and optimal health. In addition, the programmes practical sessions ensure that students get exposure to accurate diagnosis and treatment of disease and disability. After completion of the programme aspirants are enrolled for a six-month internship to prepare them for cases & conditions and enhance their learning. No doubt that the rise of industrialization and mechanization has resulted in the increase in demand and scope of physiotherapy in India and abroad.
4.5 years (including a 6 months’ compulsory internship)
Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent qualification, completed from a recognized university, in the Science stream, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects. A minimum aggregate score of 50% or equivalent CGPA at the 10+2 level.
A physiotherapy student has an option to pursue higher education after BPT and can also specialize in the field of physiotherapy. BPT graduates are also eligible for courses like hospital administration, business management, public health management & various other postgraduate programs.
- Consultant Physiotherapist in Multi-Specialty Hospitals, Health Care Centers, NGOs
- Corporate Physiotherapist in MNCs
- Health Care Physiotherapy Instructor in Modern Gymnasiums
- Ergonomic Care Advisor
- Physiotherapist in Special Schools for Physically Challenged Children
- Physiotherapist in Old Age Residential Homes
- Sports Physiotherapists along with Sports Associations, Sports Team, individually hired physiotherapists by elite athletes
- Entrepreneurs in Rehabilitation Centers/ Organizations
- Private Practitioners running Private Physiotherapy Practice
- Clinical Researcher
Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent qualification, completed from a recognized university, in the Science stream, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects.
A minimum aggregate score of 50% or equivalent CGPA at the 10+2 level.
The top recruiters for Physiotherapy Professionals are –
- Help Age India,
- Apollo Hospitals,
- Fortis Hospital,
- Hosmat hospital,
- Talwalkers Pantaloon Fitness Pvt Ltd.
The recruiting sectors are
- Doctor’s Offices,
- Educational & Research Institutes,
- Physiotherapy Clinics,
- Diagnostic Centers.
The average salary for the candidates is INR 3 LPA- INR 20 LPA.
The job profiles for BPT candidates are
- Home care physiotherapist
- Sports physio rehabilitator.