B.Sc in Nursing
Best B.Sc Nursing College in Dehradun, Uttarakhand
The B.Sc. nursing degree program is a four-year full time program comprising eight semesters, which prepares B.Sc. nursing graduates qualified to practice nursing and midwifery in a variety of settings in either public/government or private healthcare settings. It adopts credit system and semester system as per the Authority guidelines with minor modifications suitable to professional education in a hybrid form. The program encompasses foundational, core and elective courses. The choice-based system is applicable to electives only and is offered in the form of modules. Modular learning is also integrated in the foundational as well as core courses that is mandatory.
The program prepares nurses and midwives for generalist nursing including midwifery practice. Knowledge acquisition related to wellness, health promotion, illness, disease management and care of the dying is core to nursing practice. Mastery of competencies is the main focus. Students are provided with opportunities to learn a whole range of skills in addition to acquiring knowledge related to nursing practice (nursing and midwifery). This is achieved through learning in skill lab/simulated lab and clinical environment. Simulation will be integrated throughout the curriculum wherever feasible to enable them to develop competencies before entry into real field of practice.
The B.Sc. nursing degree program is a four-year fulltime program comprising eight semesters, which prepares B.Sc.
Candidate with Science who have passed the qualifying 12th Standard examination (10+2) and must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together and passed in English individually.
- Every nurse should BE patient while working in the hospital.
- The aspirants need to have the zeal to work with doctors, hospital’s administration, and patients cordially.
- They need to have compassion and flawless communication skills in
- Candidates also need to be medically fit.
Scope of nursing and midwifery practice encompasses provision of promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of care to people across the life span in a wide variety of healthcare settings. Nursing practice is based on acquisition of knowledge, understanding, attitude, competencies and skills through the Council‘s curricular and practice standards. The competencies in which the students are trained will guide them in performing their scope of practice. Nursing offers qualified nurses and midwives a wealth of opportunities in the field of practice, education, management and research in India and overseas.
Considered one of the excellent colleges for B.SC Nursing, KIIMS is geared up with new laboratory setups required in nursing experiments. We believe in providing knowledge to the scholars through theoretical means and the practical implication of the same. Our faculty members work tirelessly in permitting the scholars with the acumen to apply the findings of experiments within the subject of the concerned domain.
KIIMS makes their students capable of clearing up the troubles associated with society, health, surroundings and any problem related to the medical sector. We conduct practical and theoretical lectures to balance out the knowledge.
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought. The maximum age limit for admission shall be 35 years.
- Minimum Educational Qualification
- a) Candidate with Science who have passed the qualifying 12th Standard examination (10+2) and must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together and passed in English individually.
- b) Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government having Science subjects and English only.
- c) English is a compulsory subject in 10+2 for being eligible for admission to B.Sc. (Nursing).
- Colour blind candidates are eligible provided that colour corrective contact lens and spectacles are worn by such candidates.
- Candidate shall be medically fit.
- Married candidates are also eligible for admission.
- Students shall be admitted once in a year.
- Selection of candidates should be based on the merit of the entrance examination.
Entrance test** shall comprise of:
- a) Aptitude for Nursing 20 marks
- b) Physics 20 marks
- c) Chemistry 20 marks
- d) Biology 20 marks
- e) English 20 marks
Minimum qualifying marks for entrance test shall be 50% marks. **Entrance test shall be conducted by University/State Government.
- Reservation of seats in for admission in Nursing Colleges for SC/ST/OBC/EWSs/PH
- Admission under the reserved quota shall be subject to reservation policy and eligibility criteria for SC/ST/OBC/EWSs prescribed by the Central Govt./State Govt./Union Territory as applicable to the College concerned. In respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC the marks obtained in 3 core subjects shall be 40% instead of 45% for General category candidates.
Reservation for disability
- 5% Disability reservation to be considered for disabled candidates with a disability of loco-motor to the tune of 40% to 50% of the lower extremity and other eligibility criteria with regard to qualification will be same as prescribed for General category candidates. The upper age limit shall be relaxed by 5 years for disabled candidates.
Note: A committee to be formed consisting of medical officer authorized by medical board of State government and a nursing expert in the panel which may decide whether the candidates have the disability of loco-motor to the tune of 40% to 50%.
- Reservations shall be applicable within the sanctioned number of the seats.
- The start of the semester shall be 1st August every year.
- No admission after the cut-off date i.e. 30th September will be undertaken. Further Hall Tickets/Admit Card shall not be issued to the candidates who are admitted after 30th September.
- The responsibility of obtaining and verifying the requisite documents for admission lies with the Institution and University.
Foreign Nationals: The entry qualification equivalency i.e., 12th standard will be obtained by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi. Institution, SNRC and University will be responsible to ensure that the qualification and eligibility will be equivalent to what has been prescribed by the Council.
The top recruiters for nursing professionals are all the hospitals and healthcare centres.
The recruiting sectors are
- Doctor’s Offices,
- Educational & Research Institutes,
- Physiotherapy Clinics,
- Diagnostic Centers.
The average salary for the candidates is INR 3 LPA- INR 20 LPA.
Kingston Imperial Institute of Medical Sciences, Dunga, Dehradun is constantly providing placement to the pass out students in various sectors for placement are:
- JCI Hospitals
- NABH Hospital
- Specialized Hospital
- Teaching Hospital
- Military Nursing
- Aviation Nursing/department
- Industrial Nursing
- Community Health Sector
- School Health Nurse
- Insurance Agencies
- International Agencies/NHM/MOH/WHO/UNICEF etc.